Thursday, September 01, 2005

Movie:
Well, I haven't actually seen any new movies recently, but I will comment on ones I've watched recently. I wasn't expecting a lot when I sat down to watch The Life Aquatic starring Bill Murray. It's not that I'm not a fan of his, the movie just didn't seem like would like it. Anyways, after watching it, I was less than impressed. I know I said I didn't expect much, but I was hoping for a few laughs. Even with the all star cast, (Owen Wilson, William Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Cate Blanchett) there is little laughs. I think they were trying to make it a lot more serious than they should have. Anyways, I wouldn't recommend buying it.
Music:
Well, I decided to bring all the CDs home that I had taken to work. This was not a good plan. My self titled Offspring CD got cracked in half after one co-worker tried to burn it and I'm also missing my Faceless album by Godsmack. Anyways, I've been listening to more Megadeth these days and have decided to comment on my favourite from them called Youthanasia. I never started listening to these guys until a few years ago, and this was the second album I bought from them. This CD is my favourite for a few reasons. The vocals (from Dave Mustaine) are, as always, one of my favourite parts of Megadeth. In this outing, Dave seems more confident in his voice than I've ever heard him. The lyrics also got to me too. Unlike it's predecessor (Countdown To Extinction), Youthanasia does not have too many political songs, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just a good change. And, as always, the guitar work is extraordinary. So anyone who is looking for a more intense, unique twist of Metallica, buy this CD!
Books:
I've just about finished the Myth series buy Robert Asprin. These are short novels about an apprentice and his teacher. They are called Myth books for a reason because there's everything from dragons, to devils, to dimension-hopping in these books. Now just because they are about magic and myth does not make them just a children's book. There are many small adult innuendoes which are highly amusing. However, if you read the first 3 novels, the plot line doesn't really change in the upcoming novels. Pretty much; Skeeve fucks up, Ahaz tries to help and fucks up the fuckup even more, dragon says 'gleep', Skeeve and Ahaz talk their way out of the fuckup-fest. But, they are pretty amusing and I would recommend them for a good light read. This author also did the Phule's series, which I've only read two of, but are pretty good as well.
And finally...

"Don't think that you're so great cuz being great must suck" Billy Talent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home