Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ok, so this will be interesting. I don't really have my thoughts sorted out at the moment, so this will seem pretty obscure. No Pete, I am not intoxicated in any way, shape, or form.

I'm not going to lie, in the past 2 weeks, I've gone out drink a few times. And by 'a few' I mean a lot. It started a few days before my birthday up until last night. I'm not going to discus the issue of my drinking, although it is an issue. Throughout these social outings, I've observed some things which have greatly disturbed me. The problem is, I'm not at all sure of why these things (which I will discus) disturb me. Let me start from the beginning. I know people's behavior changes with alcohol. It's not exactly a secret. I tens to get way too talkative and annoying. Other's get violent, dumb, and/or horny. But I've noticed other changes. It seems that when we drink, there is a change in one's conduct. I'm not talking about the effects of alcohol, but a change in the set of rules that we use in everyday life. Things that you wouldn't normally do become no problem. We do things with little or no thought of the consequences. For example; during my birthday party on Friday (thanks for remembering guys) we went bar hopping. Now I don't want to use names or have anybody really be offended, so I'm going to give a blurred/altered version of this. So there's a guy friend of mine with us, and he has his eyes on a girl. So later that night I see them making out and pay little attention because he told me he was going for her. Not 5 min later, I see the same guy making out with another girl in our party. I question the first girl and she doesn't seem to mind in the least because we're all out having fun. Now because I was fairly intoxicated, this remark had little effect on me. That is, until I woke up the next morning. You people may hate me for this, but so far in my life, I've been almost immune to hangovers. Call it good genes, call it luck, whatever. The point is, I woke up with a fairly clear mind and a pretty good memory of what happened and I've been disturbed about it ever since. I've already consulted a friend and she seems to think it's just the alcohol, but I can't see just the alcohol causing this. If I'm going to make out with someone, drunk or not, I want it to mean something. I can't imagine myself doing it for the fun of it. Yes, I know you all are yelling 'Cam you ignorant moron, haven't you heard of a fling??' and yes I have. But I don't think that explains the apathy of someone who knows they're getting played. I want to know if this is like this elsewhere, or just here in Victoria, because in my experience while drinking, this is the only place that I see this happening, and it happens a lot. If any of my Vic friends read this, I hope you take no offense, because I just wanna figure out what he hell is going on. To anyone else, yes you're right, I should have put a warning in front of this to save you all from wasting 5min you'll never ever get back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Welcome to this new age where random making out is all the raaaaaaaaage...
If you don't show that you're straight you won't survive for very long"
Open up your fly
give 'it' some light
If you don't get play
think about her thighs..."

Poon Part 3- Who the hell am I

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home